your all-around blog for pinoys in singapore
Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao won’t get a chance to avenge his crushing 6th round knockout to Mexico’s Juan Manuel Marquez at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas last December 8.
Pacquiao has repeated his desire for a fifth fight with Marquez but the Mexican has told Lance Pugmire of the Los Angeles Time that he’s finished fighting Pacquiao and wants to forever hang on to the feeling of his thunderous Dec. 8 knockout of the Filipino superstar.
In an interview with The LA Times, Marquez who turned down a $13 million offer from Pacquiao for a fifth fight and instead decided to fight World Boxing Organization welterweight champion Timothy “Desert Storm” Bradley who also turned down a $6 million offer for a rematch with Pacquiao said simply he wants to fight Bradley “because he is the champ.”
Marquez also reiterated his earlier position that he is not interested in traveling to Singapore or Macau, China to fight Pacquiao.
Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz told the Manila Standard that nothing has as yet been finalized with regard to Pacquiao’s November 24 opponent but that the Cotai Arena in the sprawling Venetian Resort Hotel will be the venue.
The two fighters on the short list are Mike “Mile High” Alvarado and Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios but Rios’ manager Cameron Dunkin told us last week that his fighter was offered $3 million to fight Pacquiao and he felt it was too little.